Benefits of Peppermint Tea

I drink a lot of green and black tea, but another tea I like a lot is peppermint tea. I started drinking it because it's supposed to help with headaches. Once in a while I get a sore neck which turns into a headache in the back of my head. I woke up with one the other day. A few hours in I had a cup of peppermint tea and it actually helped it go away. I normally have a cup of peppermint tea in the afternoon. There's not any caffeine in it, but the effects feel like there is. I feel more refreshed after drinking it. I actually start craving it if I don't have any. Peppermint is an herb, which if you grow it, put it in a container or an area where it is free to grow and spread. I made the mistake of putting it in a flower bed and it completely took over the whole area. It took years to get rid of it. It gets out of control very quickly. Peppermint leaves and oil have been used for improved health for thousands of years. It is commonly used to improve digestion including irritable bowel syndrom, colds, sinus infections, muscle aches and headaches. With migraines, I've put peppermint oil on a paper towel and dabbed it on the pain area and it has definitely helped if you catch it early enough. Putting a drop on a paper towel and just sitting near it also helps with improving energy. One thing to note is if you are prone to heartburn, use peppermint with caution as it may aggravate the issue. I also like to use Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint soap when showering. It helps with waking up in the morning. Peppermint is also used as a bug repellant. One study found it effective in repelling mosquitos. Planting peppermint around the perimeter of your yard is also suggested as a way to keep ticks off of your lawn. If you grow peppermint, you can just steep a few leaves in a cup of hot water instead of buying tea bags or loose leaf tea. Challenge: Give peppermint tea a try. I like Haney & Sons peppermint tea. That is the only peppermint tea I've tried, but I don't really feel the need to try other brands as that one is so good. Resources: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/peppermint-oil https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265214#risks https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10620-015-3858-7 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609176/ #ads More Tea Resources

Comments