Reverse Tooth Decay Naturally

Six months ago when I had a dental checkup, my hygienist was concerned about my gums. She said they were receding too much for someone my age and wanted to send me to a periodontist for a deep cleaning. I wasn't too thrilled with that idea, especially since I don't have dental insurance anymore.
At the same time, my youngest son, then 4, developed a cavity. He refused to let the dental hygienist and my dentist anywhere near his mouth. The hygienist referred us to a pediatric dentist, who turned out to be someone I would never recommend. He said my son had 8 cavities and wanted to hospitalize him, knock him out and fix all the teeth at once. His bill would be $2000 and that doesn't include what the hospital would charge. I was in shock as they started preparing the paperwork to "get things going" as the dentist put it. Luckily, I somehow managed to snap out of it and said I needed a second opinion. The secretary said, "yes you can do that" lol. I hurried up and got my son out of there.
I couldn't just sit and do nothing, so I immediately turned to the internet to see what I could do about his cavities. Not really much information is out there except for a couple of things. There's a popular blog post about how a woman used butter oil to heal her son's cavities. There is a book by Ramiel Nagel called Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition, 2nd Edition. I grabbed the Kindle version of that book and read it. It basically says butter oil, cod liver oil, Vitamin D and a whole foods diet will help slow down and reverse tooth decay. Kind of hard to do with a picky 4 year old, but I've been loading the foods he will eat with organic butter and started giving him a liquid Vitamin D, since I'm pretty sure gummy vitamins are what caused the cavities to begin with. The cavities are in between the teeth. Those types of cavities are usually caused by sticky things such as gummies or lollipops. The same thing happened with my oldest son, except he was older and let the dentist fix his cavities without a problem.
I also looked into essential oils to help with reversing tooth decay naturally. Apparently tea tree oil helps kill the bacteria that cause cavities. I made a batch of this homemade tea tree oil mouthwash for him and myself.
1 1/4 cups water
5 drops peppermint oil
5 drops tea-tree oil
plus 1 tsp xylitol as a sweetener just for my son

I rinse with this recipe faithfully every night after I brush and floss my teeth. It's difficult to get my son to faithfully rinse with it, so I brush his teeth twice a day and dunk his tooth brush in it before applying a fluoride free toothpaste from Spry. I try to minimize the sweets, no more gummy vitamins and I cut out juice.

Fast forward 6 months later to our next checkup.

My son let the hygienist clean his teeth. He has 4, not 8, cavities at stage 2, surface cavities. Progressing to stage 3 will probably lead to pain and the tooth needing to be pulled. We're doing a watch & see with the hope that he will let the dentist fix the cavities before they reach stage 3. The cavities don't bother him right now. So far so good. The cavities aren't reversed, but at least they aren't progressing super fast.
My receding gum issue is gone. The hygienist said my gums even look healthy. I brush my teeth once per day at night before I go to bed and rinse with the tea tree oil mouthwash. I've also managed to drop my a1c from 5.9 3 years ago to 5.5 now through diet and exercise and am using yoga and meditation to reduce stress. The hygienist was very impressed and said getting the blood sugar under control along with reducing stress are very important when dealing with gum disease. Tea tree oil has also been shown to fight gingivitis.
Treating cavities/gum disease naturally is possible. People just don't realize it yet. We automatically turn to the dentist when a problem occurs. According to the book I bought, tooth decay is brought on by an imbalance in the body, just like any other disease. The book also talks about how many younger dentists are just money hungry. I'm pretty sure that was the case with the pediatric dentist I took my son to. My dentist is older and on the verge of retiring. He doesn't have a problem with the wait and see approach in conjunction with diet improvements.
A quick search shows more blog posts and a new e-book, Cure Tooth Decay Fast! How To Heal And Prevent Cavities, Toothache And Avoid Dental Surgery , on Amazon on healing tooth decay naturally. That's really good! Hopefully as time goes on and people become more aware that they can heal themselves, more resources will become available.

Read more: How to Make Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4733557_tea-tree-oil-mouthwash.html#ixzz2FibzjPLw


Comments

  1. The natural remedy for tooth decay you told sounds worth a try. Thanks ice princess for sharing such useful information.
    ____________________________
    Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this book Cure tooth decay by Ramiel Nagel that you mentioned in your blog. It is indeed fascinating to know that we can reverse tooth decay naturally by just eating the right type of food. According to the research done by Ramiel Nagel tooth decay is not caused by bacteria, as we all believe. Bad food which is devoid of nutrients is the main culprit of tooth decay. So in order to achieve healthy strong and decay free teeth one needs to consume a healthy diet which is rich in nutrients like fat soluble vitamins A, D, E K, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and other minerals. The author of this book has devised a special and effective nutritional protocol which ensures prevention and reversal of tooth decay if followed religiously. There are many people who have adopted this nutritional plan and reversed their tooth decay. For further information people should visit this website http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment