Protein Powder

There are a ton of protein powder brands. They are made with proteins that vary from whey to egg to peas. Jillian Michaels has her own brand and Steve Burton of General Hospital and his wife have their own brand called Burton Nutrition.
I've been using Vega protein powder for at least five years. I was looking for a plant based, inexpensive one without additives/preservatives/chemicals/sugar that had good reviews. This one seemed to fit. It's vegan, plant based made with peas, gluten free, non dairy, non soy and non GMO. It comes in chocolate, vanilla, berry, tropical tango and plain unsweetened flavors. I usually stick with the chocolate and vanilla. A lot of protein powders come in big jars that are really expensive. The Vega protein powder comes in a 9.2 oz pouch for about $12. I don't use a full serving at a time either, so a bag lasts me almost two months. I mix a 1/2 tablespoon of it up with almond milk and a little bit of milk and drink it as a morning snack. Sometimes I throw it into a smoothie. It's a good mid morning pick me up.


More Protein Powders





Comments