Reverse Gum Disease Naturally

Up until the past few years, I've had issues with receding gums and bone loss. The gums didn't really bleed when brushing. That was only a problem when I got my teeth cleaned. The recession was starting to get to a point where my dental hygenist started talking about sending me to a periodontist, not something I wanted to do. At one point I made a homemade tea tree oil mouthwash. It helped in the beginning, as noted in a previous post. I also make my own toothpaste. However, as time went on nothing I did helped anymore. About 3 years ago, I decided to try oil pulling. Surprisingly enough, it seems to have worked. Every visit for the past 2 years or so (4 - 5 visits), the dental hygenist has not been concerned about my gums. They look healthy and the recession and bone loss have stabilized. Pocket depth ranges from 2 - 4.
On the second visit where things had improved, I mentioned I had started swishing with coconut oil. She seemed skeptical and thought the improvement was likely due to stress reduction and improved blood sugar. I'm sure those things contributed to the improvement. However, there weren't any recent changes to either of those at that time. I'm fairly certain the oil pulling is what finally did the trick.
So all I do is swish with organic coconut oil for 5 - 10 minutes while I make breakfast. I cook my egg in coconut oil and just grab an extra spoonful, swish and spit out when the food is ready. Pretty easy. I use the organic coconut oil sold at Aldi's, so nothing too expensive.
Oil pulling is used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is thought to pull out toxins and boost the immune system, improve bad breath, whiten teeth. There are a lot of skeptics. However, I'm 99% sure oil pulling is what stopped my gum disease.
One thing to note is the oil pulling did not help with cavities. I've had a couple of cavities over the course of the past few years while oil pulling.
BTW, when done swishing, spit in the garbage, not the sink. Otherwise the coconut oil may build up and clog the pipes.


UPDATE: 07/26/19 - I'm still oil pulling with coconut oil every day. I just had a 6 month dental checkup and my gums are still in great shape! I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the coconut oil.



More Gum Disease




Comments