Techni Mobili Standing Desk Sitting Health Risk Solution

For my birthday, I bought myself a standing desk, the Techni Mobili RTA-B002 Rolling Laptop Cart with Storage in black. Sitting is really not good for your health. Too much sitting has been linked to heart disease, diabetes, dementia, premature death, even when exercising regularly. Sitting all day has been said to be worse than smoking. As a software developer, I sit all day at work and prefer to not sit when I'm on the computer at home. The stand up desk I bought is perfect for what I wanted.
I work upstairs and go between two rooms and wanted something I could easily move back and forth. This desk has wheels and easily moves between the two rooms.
It doesn't take up much space. It was easy to put together and seems sturdy. It took about an hour and a half to put together by myself.
The desk portion raises up to a max of 44 inches. I am 5' and have it set at 39 inches. There is a knob on each side which allows the desk portion to be raised up and down. It's very easy to move.
The only drawback is the desk width is a little small. It is about 21 1/2 inches at the widest part. I have a 17" laptop and it sort of fits. If I didn't use a mouse, it would fit perfectly. I prefer a mouse, so the laptop hangs off the edge slightly. I may look into seeing if there is some sort of attachment I could put on the desk for the mouse area.
This desk was very reasonably priced at about $70. A lot of standing desks are a couple hundred dollars.
There are two very similar versions of this desk. The only difference is that the version I bought has an open top shelf. In the other version, the top shelf has a door. I went with the open shelf because it was one less piece to put together.
This standing desk was a great purchase. I highly recommend it!





Comments