Welcome to the Ice Princess's Healthy Living Naturally Blog

Welcome to the Ice Princess's Healthy Living Naturally blog!!! I am very excited about this blog. In September of 2009, blood work showed that I was deficient in Vitamin D, was on the verge of Type 2 Diabetes and had high cholesterol due to a triglyceride level of 758. Note: Triglycerides are supposed to be below 150. I was only 34, 5 ft tall, and 112 lbs. Yeah, crazy!!! Luckily I have a doctor who believes in vitamins, diet and exercise over medication, so I was put on Vitamin D and a mediterranean low glycemic diet. I also changed my workout to include more cardio and interval training. 3 months later Vitamin D was up to 52, insulin level was down and triglycerides were a normal level of 105. My weight also went down to 100 lbs.
I've learned so much in this process to get healthy without medication. It's been very interesting and I can't wait to share all that I have learned about healthy living naturally!

Comments