All Natural Ice Cream: Haagen Dazs

I love ice cream, and just recently realized how much I really do love it, since I can no longer eat it because of my high blood sugar. After my first son was born, I craved it. I would eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's in 2 days. Glad I did it then because I can't do it now. Breastfeeding helped burn the extra calories, so I didn't have to worry about gaining weight. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Chunky Monkey, Phish Food. Rich & creamy vanilla. mmmmmmmmmmm
There are lots of different brands and flavors of ice cream. Check out the ingredient list the next time you pick up some ice cream though. Xantham gum what the heck is that? High fructose corn syrup? Definitely no good for you.
If you are going to treat yourself with ice cream, look for as few ingredients as possible with natural ingredients whose names you recognize like cream, milk, egg, etc.
I was just reading an article in the newspaper about how Haagen Dazs's new advertising campaign is "All we add is cold". Apparently they have a line of ice cream which uses only 5 all natural ingredients. The ingredients list for their regular line of ice cream does use corn syrup, but sounds better than the ingredients list on some brands of ice cream. The 5 ingredient line sounds good though.
Haagen Dazs has a line of frozen yogurt too, which also might be worth trying for an occasional treat. The frozen yogurt has less calories, but more carbohydrates than the ice cream though.
I may have to pick some up for the kids, so I can have just a taste, just a taste though.

Comments